Thursday, May 17, 2012

What's that Commotion in the Ocean???

During our writing time today, we read the story Commotion in the Ocean. We read about sharks, sting rays, dolphins, crabs, lobsters and octopuses (among many others). We learned that turtles lay their eggs on dry land, the sting ray will sting any type of animal that comes near it and octopus will spray out ink if something is trying to get it. 


After reading the story, we made a list of ocean animals we learned about. Then we went back to our seats and wrote our favorite ocean animal and why we like it using a real fact about the animal.




My favorite ocean animal is a piranha.                  My favorite ocean animal is a sting ray.
I like it because it sucks blood.                                         I like it because it stings.





















My favorite ocean animal is a polar bear.               My favorite ocean animal is a sting ray.
I like it because it can hold its babies.                                       I like it because it stings.












 
 
 
 
 
 




My favorite ocean animal is a jellyfish.                       My favorite ocean animal is a dolphin.
I like it because something hangs under its neck.              I like it because it makes noise.













 
 
 
 
 
 
 




My favorite ocean animal is a shark.                      My favorite ocean animal is a jellyfish.
I like it because they have sharp teeth.                                    I like it because it wiggles.










 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My favorite ocean animal is a whale.                   My favorite ocean animal is a angelfish.
I like it because its the biggest!                                          I like it because it's beautiful.
 















 
 
 
 




My favorite ocean animal is a polar bear.               My favorite ocean animal is a dolphin.
I like it because it keeps its babies warm.                            I like it because it squeaks.













 
 
 
 
 
 



My favorite ocean animal is a angelfish.                  My favorite ocean animal is a sting ray.
I like it because it's very beautiful.                                   I like it because it stings people.













 
 
 
 
 
 
 




My favorite ocean animal is a dolphin.                    My favorite ocean animal is a dolphin.
I like it because it squeaks.                                            I like it because it squeaks.













 
 
 
 
 
 




 My favorite ocean animal is a shark.
I like it because it has sharp teeth.


No comments:

Post a Comment