Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Daily 5

I took video of my class during Daily 5 today. Both videos shows students who have chosen Work on Writing or Read to Self. They are working very hard on both parts of Daily 5. I introduced Word Work today and it will be available as a choice next week. The class is very excited to get to have a third choice during Daily 5. I can already tell by having two choices how smoothly they are transitioning and how engaged each student is. I am excited to start working with small groups and one on one with students once all portions of Daily 5 are officially launched! 


2 comments:

  1. They are so quiet and engaged - well, distracted by the camera sometimes, but most are totally on-task. That's so great to see, especially at Kindergarten. Congratulations. I can see Daily 5 is going to be a big success in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and yes they are quiet! This was my first time using the video camera with this group of students during work time. I was impressed with how a few looked at the camera and then got right back to work. We love D5 in kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete