Thursday, May 26, 2011

Beach Party!

Today was our end of the year beach party. When the students returned from art class, they were to find their shovel, pail, book and beach ball with their name on it. Once they found their spot, they put their beach towel down. We started off by doing one of my most favorite things to do when I am laying out on the beach....reading books! Each student got their very own copy of the book called The Sand Castle Contest. They followed along on their beach towel, while I read the book out loud to them. After reading the story, we made ice cream sundaes and listened and watched a live webcam shot of a beach in Hawaii to get the feel of being on an actual beach. Finally, we finished our tasty treats and studied several sea shells that I have had on my desk all year long. It was a wonderful way to end our school year!

































No comments:

Post a Comment