Thursday, September 9, 2010

We are getting ready to start the Daily 5 model with our Literacy Stations. This is when the students and I gather in our calendar/whole group space and I teach a mini-lesson pertaining to one of the CAFE strategies. These strategies fall into four categories, Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency and Expland Vocabulary. During the mini-lessons I will complete a lesson that focuses on one or sometimes more of these strategies. There are several sub-skills under the CAFE that I will focus on. This next week I will be focussing on fluency with sight words in both the morning message and poem, accuracy when reading the poem from left to right and accuracy of letter sounds using zoo phonics. We will discuss these all week and will place a key word to descibe each skill under the "F" and the "A" on our CAFE board! All the teachers at MME are including Daily 5 and CAFE into their everyday lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment